Ostarine works by attaching itself to your body’s proteins, specifically the androgen receptors. Once bound, it stimulates the receptors and the muscle tissue around it to grow faster – synthesizing protein at a rapid rate.
Ostarine was developed to decrease muscle loss in patients, as stated above. By nature, this also means that healthy individuals can use the chemical to prevent muscle loss and improve rapid muscle development. Ostarine works by attaching itself to your body’s proteins, specifically the androgen receptors. Once bound, it stimulates the receptors and the muscle tissue around it to grow faster – synthesizing protein at a rapid rate. While this is similar to what anabolic steroids do, it doesn’t seem to have some of the other effects such as prostate enlargement. Other observed benefits include:
- Ostarine doesn’t just help muscle growth but helps to lean you out. This means that your body fat percentage will drop drastically and your body will use all available proteins. This is extremely beneficial for those that have autoimmune disorders.
- Those with certain body dysmorphic conditions, including aging, can benefit from osterine and osterine-related products considerably.
- Ostarine has shown a positive effect on the reduction of breast cancer, both in women and men, although more research is needed.
- Found in dietary supplements to supercharge gains when combined with an extremely high protein diet
Ostarine is currently taken on a cycle, much like steroids, and is used during the cutting phase. Side effects are much more common if the cycle lasts longer than 8 weeks, which we will detail below. Osterine can hang on to your muscle, decreasing its overall loss when eating an extremely restrictive diet during this phase, to lean down to your preferred muscle mass. Osterine, overall, helps you gain lean muscle while reducing your body fat percentage.
Ostarine is one of the more popular SARMs that are widely known on the market, next to Ligandrol. Although it has myriad (unapproved) benefits and many bodybuilders seek it out instead of steroids, certain side effects are associated with the use and prolonged administration:
- Although enlargement of the prostate does not occur, it is similar to its anabolic steroid counterpart in that there may be a reduction in the size of the testicles.
- An increased range of mood swings, including the iconic “roid-rage” bout of anger that comes with a sudden heightened increase of testosterone-like levels.
- It causes hormonal imbalances, which may enlarge breast size in men, but more commonly, makes skin acne-prone and the development of acne (back and forehead especially).
Other less severe side effects also include:
- a persistent migraine, or dispersed bouts of headaches
- a feeling of uneasiness coupled with an increased level of nausea
- tremendous fatigue, especially after cycling off and your hormonal levels return to normal
- Back pain, as the muscles tend to constrict after the treatment wears off, especially post-out (especially if it was extremely heavy)
How should ostarine be taken?
Ostarine is taken on a cycle, usually during the cutting phase after a bulk. Because it cannot be cycled for more than 8 weeks without an increased risk of side effects, it is usually best to cycle it in small amounts, i.e, every 5-7 pounds gained after a “mini-bulk” should be followed by a cut to lean down and repeat. Always read and follow the label, and consult a healthcare professional.
Is it legal to buy ostarine?
Ostarine currently has not been approved by the food and drug association (FDA) and is not available for direct-to-consumer consumption or purchase. However, certain companies are adding osterine with other dietary supplements to circumvent this rule. Be wary of any companies doing this, as the FDA and the anti-doping agency are cracking down on these organizations for using “filler” products.
Why is ostarine banned?
Ostarine is banned from all Olympic events because they mimic the results of anabolic steroids, which give an unfair advantage to the competitor and are not deemed to be within the healthy spirit of competition.